Windows 7 has lots of features that attribute to a better user experience. The various themes and backgrounds that it offers are amazing in the truest sense. You hardly need to download any from other websites while using Windows 7.
However, the desktop backgrounds and themes that will directly be available to you depend on the language, time and currency you choose during the time of operating system installation. So, for example, if you choose English (US) and time zone, currency format that correspond to US; you will only be able to see a few of the whole collection.
Now, this tip will help you to get all the themes and backgrounds available for Windows 7 users, no matter which location you choose. There are many backgrounds for other countries such as Great Britain, Canada, South Africa, Australia etc. and why should you deprive yourself of the rest?
The steps to be followed are:
- Go to the Start Menu of your system.
- Type “C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT” in the search box (Replace “C” with the drive name where you have installed Windows 7, if it’s not “C” drive in your case).
- Hit Enter and some sub-folders should appear for you (Such as MCT-CA, MCT-AU, MCT-US, and MCT-ZA, MCT-GB).
- Each of the sub-folders represents themes and backgrounds of one country: AU for Australia, US for United States, GB for Great Britain, ZA for South Africa and CA for Canada.
- Select the specific folder of your choice and then go to the themes Folder under that location. For example: if you want the theme for Canada, go to this folder: C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT\MCT-CA\Theme.
- Now, double click on the theme that you will find there.
- Go to your Control Panel’s Personalization section.
- You will see a shortcut to the chosen theme over there.
- You can repeat the same steps for themes of other countries as well.
Once a theme is installed, you can select it easily from the desktop itself:
- Right click on desktop.
- Choose Personalization.
- Select the background or theme of your choice.
I hope the readers loved this simple tip. Try it yourself and share your experience through comments. If you have any questions or faced any difficulties, share that with me as well. I am always happy to help!